Monday, January 26, 2009

Pey-Pey and Pres

So we made it to Baltimore and back! We left early Thursday morning and got home Saturday afternoon. On Friday, Peyton saw Dr. Ain and Dr. Hoover-Fong. Her appointments went great, she is doing wonderfully! Friday night we met Kim and Preston for dinner...it was great! I have to say...every time we meet people from the blogs (Cat and Owen, Destini and Trace) I have been amazed at how it seems like we already know them. This was no exception! When I found out about Peyton having dwarfism and first posted to the POLP group (when I was still pregnant), Kim was the first person to respond to me with a very sweet email. So I have to say it was so great to meet her in person almost 2 years later. And no matter how cute Preston looks on the blog-he is even cuter in person (same goes for Owen and Trace, we seriously have some handsome boys around here!). Here are some pics from their date...I think Preston liked Peyton, after he got over not seeing the silly chicken. Maybe next time Peyton will bring a chicken with her for him :)



These were taken at a rest area in NC...hey, we'll take snow anywhere we can get it!


And here's my pretty girl in her sister's dance outfit!


All in all, driving wasn't bad! We got to have actual conversations for 3 days whenver we wanted without being interrupted. That was amazing. But I missed my Laynie and Riley and was happy to come home to them.
And if anyone with girls is ever in Florida, please let me know! Peyton could use some girlfriends :)


8 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad the trip and the appointments were a success! I'd be happy to bring Grace to Florida to meet Peyton, although I'm not sure I could keep Seamus away (they just learned FL is where Mickey lives!)! Adorable pics of Peyton and Preston together.

Catie said...

I am so jealous! I want to meet Preston AND Peyton. Not fair. It looks like you had a great trip.

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures! Like Catie said, I am jealous. You keep meeting everyone. I want to start meeting more people in person.

Mike Mallinson said...

It really is great, isn't it? Last year in Detroit a bunch of us got to meet up - Tonya & Knoah; Cat, Dan and Owen; Sarah, Mike and Kaela; and so many more; and then again in San Jose when we got to meet Jaime and Caitlyn (finally!) and a few more...

We're all such a big family already that it's absolutely amazing! It's so great to have such a huge support network :-)

Sarah said...

I'm so glad your trip went well and so glad you were able to meet up with Kim and Preston. I hope we get to meet you all one day too. It's so much fun!! I'm lucky to live so close to so many people too, but can't wait for the day we get to meet you guys and everyone else we haven't met.

Kim said...

Danielle-seriously the pictures are soooo cute! I cannot get over that picture though of peyton in the dance outfit. So cute! Sorry that the girls are not feeling well.
It was so wonderful to meet you guys in person. It really felt like we have known each other for years!
Hope to get to Florida soon!

Greene Family said...

I'm so glad that your trip and Peyton's doctors' appointment went well! That is great that you got to meet Kim and Preston in person - just love the pictures of Peyton and Preston together! So adorable, especially the ones of the two of them hugging! It is always great to meet in person after getting to know everyone so well through our blogs!

Caden and Mommy said...

Danielle!
These pictures are so darn cute! I love how you made the first one black & white ... looks like a greeting card. When I showed Caden the pictures, he stuck his finger up his nose :0) I wonder if that's his way of saying he is jealous?!
I'm so happy to hear the appointments went well!
Trisha