Sunday, January 20, 2013

Letters to Our Daughters

This year, I joined a blog circle. Each month I will write a letter to one of my girls and post it, along with a link to another wonderful mother's letter.  To be fair, I decided to start with the oldest and go through them by age...Now I am not a writer, nor do I claim to be.  So no judgement :)

Dear Laynie,
I'm not quite sure how to start this...so bear with me.  I can tell you that you are smart, talented, great at everything you try and beautiful.  But you already know all of that (and I just told you again..see, I'm not a writer!)
After we got married, Mommy and Daddy decided we wanted to start a family almost right away.  We just could not wait to be parents.  It took longer than we expected, which was frustrating, but in the end I was glad-because we got you.  You were born 2 weeks early on December 7, 2002.  You were so cute and cuddly and I was instantly in love.  
Over the years you showed what a smart kid you were...and so independent.  Everyone always commented on it-from the time you could walk.  As time has gone on, you have made my heart grow more every single day.  I can't believe that you are 10 years old.  I always told you that you weren't allowed to turn 10 that you had to stop at 9.  I wish I could control that...but you are really such a great girl. You always try your best at everything that you do, and that is such a great quality to have.   You do great in school, you never ever give up on the soccer field (which everyone knows does NOT come from me), and you are a loving big sister.  You are a talented artist, writer, runner, bike rider, and of course soccer player.  The only thing I want to change is that I want to spend more time with just you.  I know we don't get enough of that.  Hopefully in my next letter to you I'll be able to share that we did.

Please know as you grow up that you can always talk to me about anything and everything.  I am and will always be here for you.  You are my first baby and I love you bunches.
Love you,
Mommy







Please continue on to Heather Nordell's blog to see her
post to her little one...




7 comments:

Davina said...

Your Laynie sounds like she is a wonderful role model for her little sisters. Loved reading your letter to her!

Geneva said...

What a sweet tribute! She's multi-blessed and poised, it seems, to do wonderful things in life.

Kristy said...

Beautiful words and what a sweet girl! :)

Carrie said...

What a sweet letter for your sweet first-born!

Dana said...

Beautiful letter and beautiful girl!

Allie said...

So beautiful, both your words and your daughter. Thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

She is just adorable and growing into a wonderful young lady, it sounds like. Lovely shots too!