Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

So last Monday was Laynie's first day of Kindergarten. She loves it! We miss having her home all day, but I'm glad she likes it.

That same afternoon, she decided she wanted to try to ride her bike without training wheels. Our wonderful neighbor Nancy was very kind and offerred to help Laynie. She has trained 2 boys to ride, one being Laynie's buddy Thompson, and we figured not only would she know what she was doing but Laynie wouldn't give her as hard of a time! It went well, and she is already able to get herself started!

I had to include this picture of Riley asleep on the couch. It was so cute. Until I realized she had peed all over it in her sleep. That was fun to clean up!


Here is a picture of Laynie skating. It isn't the greatest, it was much harder than I expected to get good pics...


Finally, today was Riley's first day of preschool. She will be going 3 mornings a week and she had a ball!

And last but not least...congratulations to myself for just completing my 50th post. :) This is shabby in comparison to Katie's 100th...but still worth mentioning. And since I didn't include any Peyton pics, I will leave you with one...

4 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Ya for 50!! I've been blogging since December of '07, so I think that is a few months before you..don't worry you are working your way up. Just remember you have to post more than once every few weeks! haha LOL just kiddin' ya! Way to ride w/o training wheels!! What an accomplishment!! Oh, and I LOVE the diva picture! (the one with the two girls posing for the camera)...too cute!

Kim said...

Love the pictures. They are all so precious. I love the diva picture also.
What a great accomplishment riding without training wheels! That is a huge milestone in everyone's childhood!

Destini said...

Oh my goodness, Lanie looks like such a little diva in the picture with Riley! Reminds me of a soon to be 5 year old that lives in my house! Way to go on the bike riding and the school starting - and of course Peyton is completely adorable!

Greene Family said...

Hi. I'm not sure if I've commented here before (found your blog on a couple of other blogs - Tonya, Destini) . . . Your girls are too cute!! It sounds like an exciting week . . . bike riding without training wheels, school starting, 50th blog . . . congrats!
Jenn